Name and city and state of marketer
Campaign/program name No. 1
Friends and Family
Campaign/program name No. 2
Fashion magazine promotion
Friends and Family ran for three days and the fashion magazine promotion ran for six days
To let Faith communicate with its ever growing database and mobile opted-in customers.
The purpose of each SMS campaign was to
- provide new product information and promotional offers
- to drive footfall into high street stores and online by delivering mobile redemption codes and supporting promotional activity
- inform customers of new season collections
- build consumer loyalty to the Faith brand by supporting awareness and applications for the Faith VIP card
Fashion savvy shoe buyers
To date, Faith has run two consecutive SMS campaigns.
First, a Friends and Family promotion offering 25 percent off full price products which ran over a three day period and second a promotion in conjunction with a high circulation fashion magazine offering 20 percent off full price products which ran over a six day period.
Call to action
All opted-in mobile consumers received an SMS inviting them to take part in the promotion
Friends and Family:
SMS push sent on Oct. 22, 2009
FreeMSG: 25% off Friends & Family weekend 23-25 Oct 09! Show code TXTFRIENDS0109 in Branches or use at www.faith.co.uk. Ts&Cs apply. To STOP txt STOP to 67777
Fashion magazine promotion:
SMS push sent on 29th October 2009
FreeMSG: Hi! Get 20% off Full Price items till 3rd Nov 09. Show code XXXXXX in-store or use at www.faith.co.uk. Ts&Cs apply. Branches only. Txt STOP to 67777
A magazine promotion featured a full page advert in the magazine with a tear out data-capture voucher.
All opted-in consumers received a text message containing a promotional code which is redeemed in-store or online to claim their offer. To comply with industry regulation [they provided a] facility for consumers to unsubscribe from the service at any time.
The campaigns contributed to 47 percent of the uplift in revenue via Friends and Family promotion online and in-store, contributed to a 30 percent of the uplift in revenue via the fashion magazine promotion online and in-store, redemption of promotional codes was higher for second campaign and more than 70,000 SMS messages were distributed throughout both campaigns.
- Discovering optimum times to distribute targeted SMS
- Effectiveness of duration and desirability of campaign (3 v’s 6 days)
- Running seasonal campaigns at different times of year eg: pre Christmas, New Season collections
- Revenue generated exceeded expectations over duration of both campaigns
- Consumers extremely receptive to promotions via mobile mechanic
- A great new arm to our digital marketing strategy
Strategy quote from brand executive
“SMS marketing has proven to be an extremely successful revenue generation tool for Faith,” said Talin Vartevanian, head of ecommerce, at Faith, London. “It is quick to set up and once launched the message is instantly communicated to the customer which is especially beneficial if they are already out shopping.
“This makes SMS particularly strong at driving footfall in-store but has also proved to be very effective in increasing online traffic,” she said.”
What challenge did mobile address quote
“[Using the text provider's] platform has enabled Faith to have 100 percent ownership of all campaign delivery from start to finish, including real-time stats reporting,” Ms. Vartevanian said.
Pocket-Promo Note: Contact us today to get a cost effective SMS marketing campaign going in your retail establishment today! We offer instant access to your account with no long term contracts!